Curious Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Curious Question

I am looking at a new position and have a question about my discharged BK7. There are questions to answer that ask "do you have any debt over 180 days late" "Do you have any debt over 90 days late"

Since my BK has been discharged I believe I should be able to answer no to questions of this type.

Opinions?

Filed 17Jun10 - Court 19Jul10 - Discharged 22Sep10

In my opinion, and it is my opinion only--your debt has been discharged, therefore you have no debt. Or shouldn't unless you incurred new debt since you filed. So I would say 'no'.
    "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Agree with AngelinaCat. Your debt has been discharged therefore you have no debt or lates currently.
      Stopped paying: 08/10, Filed CH7: 08/27/10 , 341 & No Asset Report: 10/6/10, Last day to object: 12/06/10, Discharged: 12/07/10, Closed: 12/08/10
      AHEM.....NOT AN ATTORNEY, NOT ADVICE, ETC, ETC

Comment

I just read somewhere that these interview or application questions cannot be asked....I'll find the article and post.

Comment

These questions can be asked for certain positions! I had to take some interesting "test" (leave it at that) for a law enforcement position which included questions about my debt, value of my home, my bankruptcy, and a lot of other financial information. Also, for most federal jobs where you could be bribed, they have similar questions, especially concerning taxes.

Suffice it to say that if the position deals with law enforcement, national security, department of defense, banking or other fiduciary positions... there will be financial scrutiny.
          Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
          Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X